ASIS School Security Recap
The Lehigh Valley Chapter of ASIS recently hosted a School Security Seminar at DeSales University. The seminar was attended by both law enforcement and school personnel. Some of the topics covered at the event were:
Response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School Tragedy – Lt. Richard Robinson, Newtown PD
- A review of what happened at Sandy Hook and lessons learned.
Recognizing At-Risk Behavior – Dr. Diana Sorrentino, Lehigh Valley Paladin, LLC
- A presentation on how to recognize at risk behavior and how to utilize behavioral health assessment to protect schools and mitigate risk.
Best Practices in Securing Your School – Mike Kelly, KCBA Architects, John Sancenito, INA-Inc.
- Explanation of PA Act 44 of 2018, updates on PA SB 621 – Armed Security.
- Presentations concerning how to harden schools and prevent violence and other incidents.
- How to take the first steps to make a solid reunification plan.
- Available resources from the Department of Homeland Security.
The Stop the Bleed Program – St. Luke’s Hospital
- St. Luke’s Stop the Bleed efforts are part of a national trauma initiative to train first responders and the public on how to control bleeding in the event of an accident or injury.
- St. Luke’s Stop the Bleed Initiative aims to provide free trauma and bleeding prevention education to first responders, including police departments, schools and community organizations.
- St. Luke’s is proud to partner with our community to provide Stop the Bleed control kits designed for use in the event of a bleeding emergency.
School Violence Panel Discussion
- Security, law enforcement and school personnel will discuss security at school, risk mitigation measures with cooperation and communication.
CSi is proud to support the Lehigh Valley ASIS Chapter both as a sponsor of the event and through the volunteering of one of our staff members who serves as the board treasurer.
Upcoming PASBO Show
In other safety planning news, the PASBO Facilities and Transportation Conference and Exhibition is coming up on 10/24. CSi will be at booth # 23 under our sister company’s name Keystone Fire Protection Co. and will be showcasing our security technology. Please stop by to learn more. The show is going to be held at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey (Hershey Area) I-81 – 604 Station Road, Grantville, PA 17028.
To learn more about our other solutions for education please visit our Education page: https://comsysinc.com/markets/education/