Level 2 – Audio-Video Technician
Positions are available to join our team that has grown steadily since 1975 and has been Eastern Pennsylvania’s leader in integrated security and communication systems.
CSi offers integrated security and communication solutions for businesses, educational institutions, government, health care and industry. As a top security and communications integrator, CSI provides a single point of contact for the design, installation and support of a wide variety of systems. Our clients range from single unit companies to large organizations that have entrusted us to provide exceptional value and service. At CSi we pledge to strive for excellence, do what we say we will do, and treat others the way we want to be treated. Our focus is on lifelong support and understanding of our client’s goals and needs.
Job details are below. To apply, email email@example.com.
Position Summary: Experienced Audio-Video Technician
The Audio-Video Technician will successfully fulfill various tasks as they relate to understanding Audio and Video applications and systems. This individual will be an integral member of CSi’s interfacing with sales and engineering departments, as well as customer support in implementation, installation and repair of Audio-Video Systems.
- Serve as a primary technician from product staging through installation and post installation support
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer communication skills utilizing oral, written and presentation skills
- Responsibilities may include Pre & Post Sales technical support
- Support sales team to evaluate opportunities
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Train and instruct the customer on proper use of equipment
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
- Minimum of an Associate of Applied Science degree in Electronics/Equipment Technology or equivalent
- Info Comm CTS-I or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Three (3) years related experience with Audio-Video Systems
- Working knowledge and/or experience with a variety of manufacturer’s products and protocols, including, but not limited to: Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom, Yamaha, Cobra Net and other networked audio and video protocols
- Working knowledge and/or experience with IP and computer networking
- Experience using audio and video test equipment to properly set up and adjust systems
- Audio system tuning; gain staging, EQ, delay, limiters, speaker alignment, etc.
- Video system setup; projector installation, adjustments, focus, control settings, etc.
Up to 75% or more travel is required
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service mindset, ability to demonstrate empathy for customer’s needs and concerns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Must be responsible, personable, detail oriented, self-motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and databases
- Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow for the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret architectural plans, schematics, design drawings, etc.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Individual must have good communication skills, self-starter and the ability to perform and complete high quality work
- This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well independently or with other people
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Must be able to pass background clearances
This is a full time position with exceptional benefit package:
- Competitive wages
- Great team environment
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription plan
- 401K plan
- Paid training
- Disability and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers
- Some lifting of objects is required
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Work will be performed both inside and outdoors and you will be subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Return to Careers Page