Security and Access Control Specialist
Positions are available to join our team that has grown steadily since 1975 and has been Eastern Pennsylvania’s leader in integrated security and communication systems.
CSi offers integrated security and communication solutions for businesses, educational institutions, government, health care and industry. As a top security and communications integrator, CSI provides a single point of contact for the design, installation and support of a wide variety of systems. Our clients range from single unit companies to large organizations that have entrusted us to provide exceptional value and service. At CSi we pledge to strive for excellence, do what we say we will do, and treat others the way we want to be treated. Our focus is on lifelong support and understanding of our client’s goals and needs.
Job details are below. To apply, email email@example.com.
Position Summary: Security Access Control Specialist
The Security Access Control Specialist will successfully fulfill various tasks as they relate to understanding access control applications and systems. This individual will be an integral member of CSI’s collaborative selling and delivery strategy, interfacing with sales, estimating and engineering departments, as well as customer support in design, implementation, installation, and repair of security solutions.
The Security Access Control Specialist is responsible for the installation, programming, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic and IP/Software-based systems, including but not limited to Access Control, Video Surveillance, and Intrusion Detection. The Security Access Control Specialist is responsible for installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner and must meet the highest quality standards set forth by CSi, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. The Specialist is responsible for communicating system performance to the customer.
- Support sales team in collaborative selling model as an Access Control Specialist
- Attend client discovery meetings and prepare and present application or design concepts
- Conduct thorough site surveys to identify requirements for security solutions
- Provide proof of concept and explanations to estimating and sales staff
- Provide estimating assistance of systems for estimating and sales staff
- Be responsible for technical scope in customer proposals
- Understand general concepts in other Life Safety Systems, i.e., Fire Alarm
- Nurse Call and Mass Notification and how these interface with Security
- Provide support for security bid projects; pre-bid meetings, RFP responses, product research, etc.
- Assist in answering sales reps questions, and defining scope of work
- Provide post-sales engineering and support on sold projects
- Assist in the preparation and review of shop drawings
- Attend industry conferences and events to stay current on security technology
- Provide periodic presentations on security market trends and conditions to management and other team members
- Responds to customer’s service related issues promptly
- Perform final connection and configuration of equipment for new projects
- Update customer files
- Must handle on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis
- Trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items
- Maintain full compliance with company’s and customer’s safety program
- Must have a technical background in access control along with a working knowledge of video surveillance, intrusion detection, and IP networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – some public speaking is required
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook, Visio
- Must possess product research skills including use of; internet, catalogs, manufacturer and distributor tech, webinars and seminars
- Must have the ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license
The Security and Access Control Specialist shall possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years working experience in the security industry. This position requires the ability to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work well with other people and be proficient with personal computers. A desire to further one’s career in ASIS, ISC, or other organizations is critical.
This is a full time position with exceptional benefit package:
- Competitive wages
- Great team environment
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription plan
- 401K plan
- Paid training
- Disability and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers
- Some lifting of objects is required
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Work will be performed both inside and outdoors and you will be subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Return to Careers Page