Network Infrastructure Engineer
Positions are available to join our team that has grown steadily since 1975 and has been Eastern Pennsylvania’s leader in integrated security and communication systems.
CSi offers integrated security and communication solutions for businesses, educational institutions, government, health care and industry. As a top security and communications integrator, CSI provides a single point of contact for the design, installation and support of a wide variety of systems. Our clients range from single unit companies to large organizations that have entrusted us to provide exceptional value and service. At CSi we pledge to strive for excellence, do what we say we will do, and treat others the way we want to be treated. Our focus is on lifelong support and understanding of our client’s goals and needs.
Job details are below. To apply, email email@example.com.
Position Summary: Network Infrastructure Engineer
CSi is looking for an exceptional Network Infrastructure Design and Deployment Engineer familiar with integrated security and communication systems and their business applications. The engineer will be responsible for the engineering and configuration of switch, router, firewall, indoor and outdoor wireless infrastructure solutions. The engineer may also be required to participate in or be responsible for the deployment/installation of the delivered network solution. The wireless technology solutions may include: LAN/WAN solutions, Point to Point and Point to Multipoint Wireless Links (incorporating licensed and unlicensed frequencies), MESH systems and various CSI partner application and/or security solutions supported by the deployed wireless network infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise route/switch design and deployment including multi-site connectivity, VPN, firewall, etc.
- Strong consideration paid to candidates with an understanding of surveillance systems (cameras, storage, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience in unlicensed 2.4GHz, 4.9 GHz, and 5.3/5.8 GHz wireless, and microwave technologies for both indoor and outdoor LAN/WAN infrastructure solutions
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with TCP/IP, 802.1x, security and QOS protocols
- Ability to carry out various technical tasks, e.g. testing, product staging, deployment, etc. with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge and/or experience with a variety of wireless manufacturer’s products, including, but not limited to: Cisco, Proxim, Fluidmesh, Firetied, Symbol, Air Magnet, Air Defense, etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Serve as primary technical resource from product staging through post deployment support
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer communication skills utilizing oral, written and presentation skills, e.g. installation and certification documentation, etc.
- Responsibilities may include Pre & Post Sales technical support
- Support sales teams to evaluate opportunities
- On call support for network/system outages
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- CWNP and/or CCNA certification preferred or, 2-5 Years equivalent wireless network infrastructure design and/or deployment experience
- Candidate will be subject to a security investigation and must meet state eligibility requirements for access to government facilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
- Valid and current driver’s license
This is a full time position with an exceptional benefit package:
- Competitive salary
- Great team environment
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription plan
- 401K plan
- Paid training
- Disability and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers
- Some lifting of objects is required
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Work will be performed both inside and outdoors and you will be subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Return to Careers Page