Level 2 – Fire Systems Technician
Positions are available to join our team that has grown steadily since 1975 and has been Eastern Pennsylvania’s leader in integrated security and communication systems.
CSi offers integrated security and communication solutions for businesses, educational institutions, government, health care and industry. As a top security and communications integrator, CSI provides a single point of contact for the design, installation and support of a wide variety of systems. Our clients range from single unit companies to large organizations that have entrusted us to provide exceptional value and service. At CSi we pledge to strive for excellence, do what we say we will do, and treat others the way we want to be treated. Our focus is on lifelong support and understanding of our client’s goals and needs.
Job details are below. To apply, email email@example.com.
Position Summary: Level 2 – Fire Systems Technician
The Fire Systems Level 2 Technician will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance including but not limited to Fire Alarm Systems. The technician may also be required to participate in or be responsible for the deployment/installation of an applicable networked physical security information management solution.
- Serve as primary Technician and/or Engineer from product staging through post development support
- Technical Project Management
- Oversee Fire Alarm Inspection Process and Procedures
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer communication skills utilizing oral, written and presentation skills
- Responsibilities may include Pre & Post Sales technical support
- Support sales team to evaluate opportunities
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Trains and instructs the customer on proper use of applicable technology
- Mentoring other CSI Technicians
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
The Fire Systems Level 2 Technician will be accountable to the Life Safety & Security Project Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company. Performance measurements of above responsibilities will be held periodically.
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Electronics/Equipment Technology or equivalent
- Five (5) years related experience preferable with Fire Alarm Systems
- NICET (Fire Alarm Systems) Level 3 minimum requirement
- Working knowledge and/or experience with a variety of manufacturer’s products, including, but not limited to: Honeywell Notifier, Simplex, EST, and Siemens
- Some knowledge of IP and computer networking.
- Some AutoCad experience helpful
Up to 75% or more travel is required
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service mind-set, ability to demonstrate empathy for customer’s needs and concerns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Must be responsible, personable, detail oriented, self-motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret architectural plans, schematics, design drawings, etc.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Individual must have good communication skills, self-starter and the ability to perform and complete high quality work
- This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well independently or with other people
- Valid and current driver’s license
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers
- Some lifting of objects is required
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Work will be performed both inside and outdoors and you will be subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Return to Careers Page